St. James Court Louisville KY
St. James Court has been embedded in Louisville’s history since 1887.
In 1883, an expo was held by the Southern Exposition of Art, Industry & Agriculture spanning 40 acres.
It covered Park Ave. to Hill St. and 4th to 6th Street. Its main building sat where the famous St. James Court fountain sits today.
The main exposition was the largest display of electric lighting, using 4600 Edison bulbs.
It was disassembled in 1887 and subdivided into three walking courts, center green areas and an imported fountain from New England.
The original fountain was replaced in the 1970s with what is now the St. James Court fountain.
St. James Court also is home to the St. James Art Show that takes place on the first weekend of October and has been since 1957.
It is one of the biggest art shows in the country, attracting the largest crowd for any event in the state of Kentucky.
At a place where so many come to celebrate art, love and beauty, Kayla & Gage chose to celebrate the love they have for each other with an engagement session.
Capturing couples who are truly in love has to be the best part of being a photographer.
Green Apple Photography cannot wait to capture their love at their wedding next summer at The Refinery in Jeffersonville, IN.